Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yesterday I was headed to Good Old Boy Jim's CB shop for coax

based on his website and I wound up in BFE where I spent over an hour cruising one of those little industrial parks looking for the damned place.

You''d figure that anyone in the business of making money would cheerfully sell to the public if someone camme to your shop.

The website had pictures of a nice looking store looking front room so I figured it would be a lot easier for me to just go and pick up the damned coax.

Enter a new one on me.

After I found the place they refused to do business with me.

They explained that they were an INTERNET business and ONLY an internet business and that they had no mechanism for payment other than by computer.

Interesting.

Now I have to go on line and buy this and then wait for the United Parcel Service to take the item and drag it to Memphis and then send it back to Pittsburgh and then put it in a truck and deliver it to me when I could simplly have driven home with it.

Of course, the mechanism I wanted to use to pay for this lousy piece of Coaxial cable was something called cash. It is green and used to need no introduction.

I guess now it does.

Is cash going away?

Maybe it is. Whoda ever thought!

Now what?

Is the paper boy going to have to get wired to MasterCard/Visa/PayPal?

How do you bribe a crooked cop? What in the world is the Godfather going to do? You can't put a six million dollar drug deal on Vissa can you?

The little kids down the street opened a sidewalk lemonade stand. How can I buytheir lemonade if cash disappers? Can you picture a five year old kid handing you a glass of sidewalk lemonade and asking you fr your VISA card?

Oh, well. Cashless society.

It's starting.

Or maybe the business I tried to buy something will fail and the world will be a better place to live.

As for the cable I wanted to buy, I got lucky. Back in the day Radio Shack used to cater to hams and shortwave listeners. The store actually has a piece of cable with pl-259s on each end. I was surprised because this cable ins't used in iPods or computers. They actually had it in stock, a leftover from the old days.

==========================================

Ever wonder what the Godfather's speed dial would look like?

The truth is he would probably only have a couple numbers on it. His wife's and his attorneys, but let's have a little fun here.

#1 Freddy the Fence
#2 Larry the torch
#3 Three finger Tommy
#4 Louie the louse
#5 Armbuster Arnie
#6 Officer Krumpke (5 internets if you remember him)
#7 Shyster Salvatore
#8 Godfather's pizza
#9 Home

Whatever.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment