Monday, February 6, 2017

(Day 86) A while ago a friend of mine asked me for my first aid kit.

 I handed him a roll of duct tape.

When you think about it for a minute, a roll of duct tape is pretty much all anyone needs for the small stuff. That and maybe a box of Kleenex to sop up the blood.

Over the years I have had my fair share of small cuts, slices and knicks. I just make them bleed a bit to let blood wash the nasty stuff out and then bind it up with tape as best I can and inside a few days everything is pretty much back to normal.

One time Mrs. Pic got a pretty good slice in the kitchen. She told me and asked me to take a look at it and see if she needed stitches.

I glanced at it and then grabbed it and squeezed it a bit to make it bleed and offered to bind it up. I put a chunk of paper towel on it and went for the duct tape. 

She gave me 'the look' for a second and said nothing. She watched me pull the slice shut and tape it shut. It stopped bleeding and I told her she was good to go. She looked at it dubiously and went about her business. 

A few days later she pulled the tape off and reported that it was practically all healed. She was somewhat surprised.

I explained that the trick was go gather all the parts, clean them up, put them together and make them stay together. Then leave it alone until the miracle (healing) occurred.  That's about it. That's all it takes.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment