Thursday, August 7, 2014

Home is the sailor

And I'm glad to be here.

Over the years I have had a minor bit of difficulty adapting to the schedule change I have that differs between the sea and shore-side.

Last night it was a snap and I feel pretty good this morning.

It is going to be interesting this time home because I have lots to do and a lot of driving coming up. I really don't like driving.

I got home to a pair of confirmations. Uzbekistan and Andorra confirmed.  Their QSL cards were in my pile of mail and I was happy to add another pair to my list. I believe I have hit 175 entities confirmed.

I also just woke up to an email from Uzbekistan telling me he had received my package.  Uzbekistan was a mess to confirm

I did the usual stuff, sent him my card, self-addressed envelope and postage money and a few weeks later found out that he had just gotten several that he sent out returned. Apparently the US mail screwed up and sent it back to him.

I emailed him and promised to send him postage so he could try it again with his envelope. He agreed and instantly resent it. 

Anyway the card was here when I got home and he emailed me to tell me he got his postage and thanked me because I sent him a US overseas forever stamp as a bonus. Now he can send an SASE if he wants a QSL from anyone stateside and doesn't have to send cash.

ANyway I'm home and that is a good thing,



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment