Monday, October 31, 2016

One of the things that I will out and out accuse the DNC

and anti-Trump coalition of is attacking the First Amendment along with some of our other freedoms.

When your property is vandalized because you put a sticker for an unpopular candidate on it you stop because you have been intimidated.

While the law itself it not does not prohibit a display of such a thing the fact is the intimidation has stopped you from expressing yourself. You have been de facto been robbed.

When you go to the polls and see armed thugs standing around trying to intimidate voters then you are being robbed and cheated of your right to vote comfortably.

Of course, you don't have to reveal your vote. Still, you are being told which way to vote by intimidation.

One guy got sick and tired of having the signs he put on his lawn run over and decided to take action. He simply put nail boards under them. Some vandal flattened them all and wound up with a couple of flat tires. 

Of course, the vandal that had to change a couple of tires was seen giving the homeowner a whiny glare. I'm sure they whined the big whine of the person that got what he had coming to them.

"That's not fair!"

Yeah. It IS fair. Had the vandal had a little respect for someone else's rights he would not be standing on the side of the road with a couple of flats. You're damned right it's fair. To use an old hippie term, it was instant karma.

I don't vandalize other people's property with no good reason. If people leave me alone, I leave then alone. I leave their stuff alone, too.

I may not like someone or their candidate ow whatever but I do leave things alone and I demand it of others.

John Wayne once played an aging gunfighter who had a code. "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't have a hand laid on me. I don't do these things to others and I require it of them." It's a reasonable code when you think about it.

There is nothing wrong with requesting the rest of the world treats you civilly if you do the same. To a certain extent I live by that code. No, I do not shoot people but I do have a quick tongue and don't spare it when necessary. It also hasn't been all that long since I have used my fists.

I have said before that prior to the 20s a lot of men carried pocket pistols. It is often called the age of good manners. I can see why. It was also an era where the police had more discretion and settled a lot of things then and there.

If you got the snot beat out of you for insulting someone or grabbing a woman or something stupid the cop generally settled it by telling the jerk that he got what he had coming to him. That generally ended it.

There's something to be said for that.

Word has gotten out that the Philly Democrat committee has told their people to key cars with Republican candidates on them.

The problem the right has is they respect people's property. I suppose if they can catch the vandal they can report them. 

Big deal. The vandal gets a small fine but the car owner still has to pay to get his car repainted. Seldom does a court order a decent restitution.

A fair restitution would be a complete repainting, a rental car and any other incurred expenses.

It wouldn't take a whole lot of people being made to spend some time in jail and be forced to provide restitution to bring the practice to a halt.

However, the legal system doesn't seem to work very well. When that happens people tend to take the law into their own hands.

Personally I would not have a problem with someone that beat a vandal caught in the act senseless. If I were a juror on a case like that I would probably hang the jury and let the person that beat up the vandal off the hook. 

Like a lot of things that happen, they  happen because people tolerate it.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment