Friday, March 3, 2017

I wanted to bite someone the other day

I was getting something off the shelf and some wannabe tough guy in a hurry reached up to get the same item which I suppose is OK but he stuck his arm about a quarter inch from my nose without so much as an excuse me.

"When I got out of high school I went into the army for a hitch," I said. "That was followed by about fifteen years in Alaska as a commercial fisherman and I have been a merchant seaman ever since. I am a fifty year chain smoker that has not had a smoke in well over a week. Please continue your poor manner at your own peril."

He looked somewhat shocked. I guess he has been getting away with poor manners for quite some time now.


"You would look foolish beating up an old man," I added. "You would also look foolish having to explain how you got bested by and old man getting ready to collect Social Security. Now show a few manners."


There really wasn't much he could do but wander off.

I wish more people would call people out on bad manners.

We'd all be better off.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment