Friday, January 26, 2018

What's new, Pussycat?

Whoa-a-ohh-a-ohh-a-ohh-a.

I just heard the old Tom Jones song so I guess I'll begin here.

Why not? Everything has to start somewhere.

=======================

Starting things is always the hard part and I have a couple of things to do today. Today I am teaching someone to do something which means I am simply going to watch someone do something. 

The best way to teach someone to do something is to have him do it a couple of times.

I tend to piss off a lot of schoolteachers when they get uppity because I point out the fact that some of the best teachers I have ever had never finished high school.

Teaching is teaching and what is important is that the student learns the matter at hand. There's a lot more to life than the things they teach you at school. When you think about it in a lifetime a person learns a lot more than they are taught at school.

If I took any of my schoolteachers to work with me there would not be very many of them that could run a tank barge.

What makes me laugh is that the very school teachers that sit there unable to do something like that look down on those that do.

0000000000000000

I have started watching the Indiana Jones Chronicles. Indy is a ten year old kid in the series and already he's quite a swashbuckler. Right now he's running away from about half the pre-WW1 Russian Cossack army or something having just upended a table, escaped and now he is playing baseball with Leon Tolstoy.

It's pretty good entertainment and a Kindle freebie. 

Not bad.

Actually my Kindle is pretty amazing when I think about it.

I do wish I knew how to hook it up to my TV, though.

On the other hand I suppose Kindle will let me download this series to my laptop that I CAN hook to my TV. 

I'll figure it out.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. The Kindle is a fairly basic tablet. I'm not too sure how to get it to hook up with your TV. On that note, I recommend getting an Amazon Fire Stick. Fairly inexpensive and plug and play.

    ReplyDelete