Friday, April 19, 2024

I'm caught between a rock and a hard spot.

I was watching someone load a bunch of grub into his car. I offered to help as I sometimes do and commented "That's a lot of grub."

"Yeah. I got it for $40 because I got a self check-out discount."

If he was being sarcastic (I don't think he was) then he got me. Fair and square.

If he wasn't he was a f***ing thief. 

On the other hand it's hard to blame him because self check-out makes it too damned easy. They say that it saves us money but I doubt that seriously. 

People are divided into three categories. There are the great minority of those that are 100% honest, a minority of those that are patently dishonest and the vast majority of people that wish they were 100% honest.

What irks me is that a lot of idiots think that theft is a big victory over the corporations when the bottom line is that it isn't. The corporation doesn't lose a dime. They simply raise prices to compensate for their loss. WE pay for it.

Whoever came up with the self check-out idea should be made to live under the 38th Street Bridge. He's cost us a lot of money.

On the other hand if I have to go to the store and help unload trucks I WILL pay myself via self check-out.

8888888888888888888888888888






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment