Friday, April 26, 2024

Mowed the lawn yesterday and the manse looks pretty good.


This year I'm going to eliminate a couple of flower garden spots because the amount of work keeping them weeded has made the juice not worth the squeeze. The weeds have won.

Several years ago I did this to a flower garden that became a nuisance. I simply salted it one September and killed off everything. It was a bare patch but the snows and April rains drove the salt well underground so I reseeded the area with grass seed and it looks pretty good now. I'm probably going to do this somewhere else come fall. Thistle has taken hold and that's a fight that is hard to win as they are hard to kill. Time to fall back and regroup and go scorched earth.

Sometimes it's a lot easier to just wipe the slate clean and start over.

I'm wondering what to do about a fallen tree in the wayback. I'll likely buck it up and hire some kid to hump the bolts to the pile and just let them rot which actually happens fairly quickly around here.

When we moved in 30 years ago and my Charles Atlas course was still current we rented a chipper and created a chip pile that was 10 feet tall and inside of five years had vanished.

Anyway I suppose I will spend a chunk of the day outdoors which is always rather nice.

 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment