My shooting trophy.
For me shooting was about self improvement.
I had a small trophy cup that I used to take home with me if I beat my last score. If I didn't I left it in the range shack until I broke my last highest score.
It was home when the fire hit and I lost it.
One of the things that I did as a shooter early on is realize that I wasn't going to become the best shooter of all time. I was going to be as good as I could be.
More on this later.
My best score I shot was at Quantico. It was at 600 yards and out of a 200-20X possible I managed a 195-13X on a windy day.
What was interesting is that I fired during the peaks and not the lulls of the wind because something told me the peaks were steadier than the lulls. In short I did everything wrong and came out on top.
I don't know if I won that string or not but it sure stunned me.
No comments:
Post a Comment