where ONE MAN deadlocked the jury and kept the woman's movement from losing over 60 years of progress.
Had Clancy been acquitted and let off the hook for murdering her three children based on post partum depression then a lot of things would have collapsed, at least in Massachusetts.
Not holding Clancy accountable based on hormones would have clearly said that women suffer hormone problems and are incapable of holding any positions of responsibility.
Sorry, ladies but with rights come responsibilities.
"Madame President, why did you send a swarm of B-52s to bomb the hell Moscow?" (Where is Slim Pickins now that we need him)
"Oh, that...I'm having a rough menopause and was feeling bitchy when Putin insulted me. I didn't mean to start a nuclear war but I guess my hormones just ran away with me."
"Oh. I understand."
Women could be denied employment into responsible positions simply because of their sex and with legal precedent to stand on. 'Our risk assessment team says we should not hire women because they're too emotional' Fact is, they'd have pretty good footing if women can't be held responsible for their actions.
Over the years I have seen a very small but somewhat growing number of women that want the 19th Amendment repealed. While I don't necessarily go along with it I can certainly see their point.
On other thing you ought to do is look into the Constance Fisher case. A woman in Maine murdered 3 of her children and was found unfit to stand trial and was sent to the booby hatch. She was released after a few years of treatment and went home to her husband had three more children and murdered them.
Back to the booby hatch where she escaped from and presumably committed suicide while she was on the lam.
=========================
I have since read that the jury was something like 7-5 and the other jurors bullied 4 of the 5 to change their verdict.
I am of the nature of being the kind of guy that would have kept quiet and let the jury foreman think she had bullied me. It sounds like the foreman of the jury was one of those I get my own way women that think that a position like a jury foremen makes her a dictator.
At which point as I was sitting in the juror box and the judge asked if they had come to a verdict I would have stood up and said loudly.
"I am not going to let myself be bullied by that bitch, She thinks that being jury foreman makes her a dictator. Your Honor. Lindsay Clancy is guilty as hell and should go right to Fing jial!"
The key end result is it would have immediately been called a mistrial of course but it would have been a real slap down to the foremen.
No comments:
Post a Comment