Wednesday, November 7, 2018

There are just some plain answers that must be used.

I have said before that the French Foreign Legion saved my life simply by answering an inquisitive letter I wrote and advising me not to look for a game warden job in Africa.

When I tell the story I have to begin it by saying a Legionnaire sent me a letter that eventually saved my life. That is because if I simply state the Foreign Legion saved my life people will instantly ask for details.

Of course when they do that I am honor bound to start with "I was in French Morocco and fell in love with the Shiek of Araby's daughter and I stole his best horse and the two of us ran off together..."

Sometimes I add that I won the Legion of Honor by shooting 38 A-rabs* off the back of a camel. I for the life of me can not figure out how they could get 38 A-rabs* on the back of a camel.

It is a natural and a man has to do what he has to do.

Another thing is when I mention my motorcycle accident and someone asks me haw that came around.

"Well, I was being chased by a bunch of soldiers and the only way out was to get on the other side of this barbed wire fence..."

Anyone that has ever seen a motorcycle grins when I say that. It is another natural.

Still, the all time natural answer I occasionally give is when someone asks me why there is a minister sticker on the window of my pickup.

"Because I'm a f***ing minister, A$$hole!" is the automatic reply.

There are some things out there that just have to be said because they fit and I certainly don't want to let anybody down.



*A-rabs. A Hollywood creation. Not to be mistaken for Arabs that really exist.  






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment: