Thursday, August 20, 2026

Kitty is slowly fading.

which is somewhat distressing. 

His kidneys are crapping out and it's gotten progressively worse for months now. I'm feeding him as much wet food as I can muster to keep liquids in him and keep him going and comfortable.

It's not going to be fast as far as I can see but as soon as he is uncomfortable I will put him down.

I will not mourn his passing but instead I will celebrate the humor, pathos and entertainment that a stray orange cat has provided me for the past 17+ years.

I can remember the beginnings. I set up a litter box, a feeding station which I kept full and just brought him in and turned him loose.

Needless to say he spent the first week avoiding me and hiding every time I entered the room. After a few days he didn't hide when I walked in and after about 10 days he let me pet him. A few days after that he jumped up on me what I laid down on the couch.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment