Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Right now I am watching a Nexrdoor thread

about someone complaining about the noise generated by gunfire from a sportsman's club rifle range.

Now the club has been there since the 1940s and over the years they have bought up as much of the adjacent land as they could. The membership has been fixed and  hasn't changed in decades. Therefore there iss no influx in new members.

There is no shooting before 0900 and it's religiously adhered to. The range is set up with heavy woods on three sides to muffle as much noise as possible.

There are solid butts out there to catch stray rounds and behind it there is dense woods for quite a long ways,  adjoining the State Game Lands.

Of course someone is complaining about the noise.

I give him about as much credibility as someone that builds their dream house a half mile from the end of a busy runway of a large international airport and then gripes about the airplane noise  and wants the airport to shut down.

Come to think about it, there are a number of people on another thread complaining about the deer because of the damage they do. I was quick to point out that they were the ones to move into the suburbs where animals live and it's they knew it long before they moved into the 'burbs.

A few years back I saw something on the boob tube about people moving into the desert in the Las Vegas area. It's rattlesnake country.

They were interviewing a black woman that had wandered out onto her porch one evening without paying attention and got bit by a pretty good sized rattler. I immediately wondered who/wht she was going to try and pin the blame on and she immediately won my respect and admiration by admitting that she should have know better than to wander out without paying attention.

She said something along the lines of, "I knew I was moving into snake country when I bought the house. I was warned. I should have turned on the light and looked first. It wasn't the snake's fault he bit me. Thats what snakes do."

I'd cheerfully have her as a next door neighbor but I digress. Her integrity was refreshing in this pass the blame to someone else world we live in. She showed character.

A person is expected to research the area they want to live and see if it it really what they want. Its OK to buy the house and remodel it but it's not OK to buy a house and remodel the area. You don't own it you have no right to change the things that were there before you moved there. You bought into the whole package and not just the parts you want.

The sportsman's club was there first as were the animals. You are the one that has entered their turf. Most of your neighbors were likely aware of it or if they were not they have accepted it.
  





 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment