Friday, March 5, 2021

Virtue signaling about what he/she drives.

Every now and then someone starts bragging about an electric car and how he is saving the planet and how everyone should be made to drive one.

How is this going to happen? The current grid won't enable it. Parts of California are prone to brownouts already. It wuld surprise a lot of people to find out that electricity isn't some magic that comes from wall outlets. It has to be made somewhere and transported to the user.

I once told someone it's transported in tractor trailers and freight cars  and they believed me but I digress. 

There are several ways of making electricity, hydro electric, coal fired plants, nuclear plants, natural gas plants and windmills come to mind and each of them have advantages and disadvantages.

I don't want to get into the characteristics of them all. The point is that virtue signaling based on what one drives sometimes shows a person has no idea of what it entails.

I read once where rare metals are often used in the manufacture of battery powered vehicles and that may be true. Rare metals mined from the earth by underpaid salve labor in remote places is a possibility. I won't say it happens but I won't say it doesn't happen. It's simply a case on not knowing the whole maunfacturing process.

For all I know, electric vehicles may be worse for the enviornment that gasoline driven vehicles.

Of course I don't believe 'Top Men' for an instant because these days everything out there seems to be politically driven. If not politically driven then driven by greed which I suppose is practically the same thing.

Fact is I simply don't care very much for virtue signaling, especially from people that don't know the whole picture.

I have met one guy that gets it. He refers to his Tesla as a coal burner.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment