Monday, September 23, 2024

A peaceful weekend

because I only had one one single spam phone call. 

I'm pretty sick and tired of scammers trying to scam people. While I think they prefer to target the elderly, it's apply anywhere, really.

One of the things my wife is onboard with me is that we do NO on-line banking and we have made it clear to our financial institutions that we are not going to. Yeah, sure, it makes it easier for them but it makes it unsafe for us. 

As time passes I think I am going to start to close a number of things down because I am not as sharp as I used to be and the probability of making a single mistake goes up with time.

I can't keep up with technology. Actually I don't see how anyone but a few eggheads can. It's growing too fast and all it takes is a single screwup and the scams are getting slicker and slicker by the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Many online scams come out of India and I see that the government doesn't make much of an effort to go after the scammers. 

Personally I would have nothing against having Uncle toss a JDAM through the window of a scammer office although I would imagine India would not think too much of the idea.

What we COULD do is simply stop any financial aid including HB2s and  other things until India cleans up their act. 

Same holds true for Africa and other places. 

Of course, a lot of this is stateside based. It's time to create a serious task force to eliminate internet crimes here. The DOJ spends a lot of time and effort checking up on honest citizens exercising their rights and if they used that energy to go after internet thieves it would go a considerable distance in making us safer.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment