Tuesday, August 11, 2026

I just read where some real porker in Michigan sued Lyft because the driver refused to let her

the car for fear of damaging the suspension and tires. 

Apparently Michigan has a weight discrimination law of some sort.
 which is bull$hit.

Lyft supposedly settled out of court for an undisclosed sum which is even more bull$hit. It should not even have been able to be brought to court. The woman was just pain too heavy to ride in a small car. She should have ordered a big limo or something along those lines.  Maybe even a dump truck with a seat belt in the bed.

It's not the Lyft driver's fault that the rapper is too fat to fit into their car safely.

While we're at it, airlines should make people that are too big buy two seats. For one thing it's rude to the people that have to sit beside them. Very large people generally take up all of their own seat and much seat of the person net to them and it makes other people's flights miserable.

When I was still working on the west coast one time I found my aisle seat occupied by a very obese woman. Her ticket was for the middle seat and she took it upon herself to take mine because she likely couldn't shuffle her way into the middle seat.

About a quarter of her was oozing over into the middle seat and another quarter was oozing into the aisle.

I just kept walking to the back of the plane and told the attendant. She took one look at the situation and told me to standby. She said the flight wasn't completely full and she'd find me another seat if that was OK. It certainly was. 

When things tapered off she took me up several aisles and parked me in a better seat than I had paid for. The overheads were full so she took my carry-on and parked it in the front somewhere and told me to pick it up on the way out. I figure I had gotten damned lucky. 

She also quietly agreed that people like that should have to pay for two seats.  

Of course I will defend the right of people to get as big and fat as they want but they damned well have to be willing to take the consequences of them doing so.

To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment