Friday, October 16, 2009

More rain

A misty day, which sucks worse than no rain.

I feel weak today, which means I ought to eat like a horse.
Corn bread, fish and eggs sounds pretty good, but biscuits and gravy sound better.

More later.

It's a little later. Should have had some OJ to go with the salmon and eggs. Thc cornbread came out fine.

After breakfast, I decided to open my seabag and make sure I had dug all of my dirty wash out of it.

I came across a beach stone, which I instantly put on my bureau. My bureau is somewhat of a hallowed spot. It contains a few things, all of which are very meaningful, including a vial of sand that came off of the invasion beach of the island of Iwo Jima, a picture of my mother and I taken in Vancouver, BC, and a few other things that are important to me.

The stone will be there as a constant reminder to stay in touch with another side of me that I should revisit often. It also reminded me that I owe a letter of thanks that I have been putting off, and will keep putting off until I'm damned sure that I can write it and that words will not fail me.



I'm thinking of starting another blog as a place to post my adventures with Tokie, who became somewhat famous as the Seeing Eye Cat. The little guy was a hoot, and I really miss him.

If i do, I'll post a link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment