Friday, October 23, 2009

They ought to reprogram all automotive GPS units

so that when you cross a bridge of any size, the unit tells you to pull into the breakdown lane, get out of your car and jump off the bridge. If you are stupid enough to do that, then, damn it, do it!

Please jump off the bridge! Pretty please with sugar and strawberries on top!

We'll all be better off without you dumbing up the gene pool.

I heard today that some woman drove into a river because her GPS told her to.

Yesterday I posted something about stupidity, and I'll hold with it.

I'm sick and tired of having things dumbed up to make them work for stupid people.

Stupid people make everyone else suffer because of their stupidity.

Stupid hurts. Stupid SHOULD hurt, but I'm tired of stupid people laying their pain on me.

Of course, if this gets to court, some idiotic jury is going to give her an award of some size. Just once, I'd like to see a jury do the right thing.

Picture this: The woman who drove her car into the river got her back broken and is going to be in a wheel chair forever. The jury is out. Then they return with a verdict consisting of all 12 jurors standing up and pointing at her and in unison, singing: "Cripple,cripple,cripple...cripple,cripple,cripple."

THAT would be fair.

Or the guy that lost both legs standing up in a roller coaster faces the jury to hear the foreman announce: "This case is dismissed because the plaintiff doesn't have a leg to stand on".

Either of these scenarios are fine by me.

I just bought a GPS for my vehicle and it works pretty good. I like it a lot.

Still, it's only a tool and subject to limitations. You have to pay at least minimal attention and think every once in a while. It's not perfect.

But because this idiot believes something to be 100% fool proof the GPS companies are probably going to have to do somthing that will dumb the system up, therest of us will probably wind up paying.

It's also time to realize that nothing is foolproof because fools are too ingenius. If they made beds out of rebar and concrete, someone would accidentally find a way to snap one clean in two.





Speaking of navigation tools, I'm thinking of bringing my sextant back with me to refresh my celestial navigation skills.

Problem with that is that everyone wants to play with the damned thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to lose 5 pounds so I can eat it back on in a single meal.

I want to tackle the ultimate cheeseburger.

Fry up about a pound of back, grab 6 slices of bread and a block of Velveeta and make up three bacon grilled cheese sandwiches. Place these where they will stay warm.

Fry up 2 each 1/3 pound burger patties and slap them in between the grilled cheese sandwiches.

Mmmmmm! Yum!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

thus ends the daily epistle from the Gospel According to Piccolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment