Saturday, July 21, 2018

Did you bring enough gum for everyone?

asked my homeroom teacher when I was in 8th grade.

"Whadda you anyway, some kind of communist off-brand type?" I shot back. "Everyone in this class can go out and rake leaves and make money so they can buy their own gum."

He turned purple and immediately gave me a detention, of course.

When the last student left the room for the busses to go home he looked at me.

"You were 100% right," he said. "And no, I am NOT a communist. I will never again ask a student if he brought enough for everybody. Still, you can't chew gum in class."

He never did that I remember and he let me go right after the last bus pulled out.

I walked out, crossed the street and stuck my thumb out. As luck would have it the person that stopped to pick me up was headed to Scituate Harbor and made a minor course change and dropped me off at the bus stop.

I was there long before the bus got there and walked the last quarter mile.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment