Tuesday, July 2, 2019

It happened again last night

the recurring dream of losing my simple 2x4  pickup and having someone try and replace it with a bigger, more complex 4x4 rig. It generally is a case where I accidentally wind up saving the city and getting my pickup demolished in the process. Nothing really heroic about it.

It became one of those unrelenting force versus the unyielding object situations. I didn't want a huge behemoth, I wanted what I had, a simple ride.

This time I was being forced to take it as reparation. I don't want it and the mayor is making threats under his breath to me if I don't take it...and take it graciously in front of everyone.

So with a VERY angry face I shake his hand, take the keys from him and in front of God and the TV cameras I walk off the stage, slide under the loaded with every option behemoth, cut the fuel line, strike a match and walk off as about $100,000 worth of pickup goes up in a soul satisfying fireball.

The mayor is livid at having been embarrassed and stands there sputtering. New York's bravest  (who don't like the mayor)are laughing like hell as they extinguish the conflagration.

When I don't want something I simply don't want it.

About a week later I sell my key to the city to Rick Harrison at the Gold and Silver pawn shop for fifty bucks and get ready to continue my odyssey riding my thumb. Harrison tells me that there is a GoFundMe started by a couple of people that understand simple to buy me a simple two wheel drive manual transmission, roll up windows and no air replacement.

Harrison hands me a phone and I call and am told to meet someone at Las Vegas Toyota where I get a simple used four cylinder manual transmission Tacoma and I am happy again. The Las Vegas paper interviews me and I explain that I am a simple person with simple tastes and that damned few people understand that.

It's rather hot in Las Vegas as I take the new pickup so I simply roll down the hand cranked windows and drive off into the desert and head off into the sunset, grateful that SOMEONE out there understands the word 'simple'.

It's been a while since this recurring dream has happened and maybe it is slowly going away. I don't know how I feel about the dream either way anymore. I guess I'll just say that it is what it is. Sometimes when I wake up after the dream I am  annoyed, other times it is very soul satisfying.



777777777777777777777


Someone once asked me what kind of sports car I would own if I won the lottery. I told them I would take my '91 Miata to one of those rebuild shops and have it brought back to brand new but with no A/C and a manual steering box and the suspension set up the way I have it now.

Truth is I am very satisfied with what I have.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE vHARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment