Monday, July 1, 2019

Over the years I have been a magnet for certain types of women

and not all of it has been good. Much of it sucked.

Until a couple of years ago I was a stripper magnet. I do not know why other than maybe they had daddy problems and looked at me in a fatherly light. If I wandered into the convenience store near a strip club I would instantly be addressed by a stripper from the nearby club in there for a pack of smokes. More often than not, she was coked up.

Then there were the airheads that were cranked up on mood elevators. These were no prize, either. Most of them would babble incoherently about whatever and I would smile, shake my head and nod until I could un-ass the area of operations.

Actual professional hookers never seemed to bother me. I think their instincts told them I wasn't interested. The buy me a drink amateurs were another thing altogether. I outraged a couple of these  by telling them to go out into the parking lot with me and pay me up front. That was generally good for a pretty entertaining horror show.

On the other hand I have found a number of good time people sometimes seek me out. I mentioned in a previous post that I briefly dated a women that was a head taller than I was. She had a really outrageous ribald sense of humor and was a lot of fun to be with. If I recall she was a few years older than me.

For a while I was a helpless single mother looking for  daddy for her kid magnet. It always seemed that these woman were pretty much incapable of taking care of themselves and were looking for an easy out and a free lunch. Early on I learned to avoid many of these like the plague. 

Divorced women with a kid or two was usually an entirely different animal. Many of them were OK. It was the single moms I tended to avoid like the plague. The never been married single moms generally had more traps set  out for men than Jeremiah Johnson or even the Viet Cong. 

For about a decade I dated quite a number of older women and it wasn't because of mommy issues, either. I was divorced in my mid 20s and was not looking to make the same mistake twice. I was not looking for girls, I was looking for women.

Looking back on it I can say it was a pretty good choice as I managed to avoid a lot of pitfalls and had a lot of fun. Most of these woman were in their late 30s and early 40s and were not looking for husbands. They were looking for fun and I had  pretty good time with most of them.

One time I was in a convenience store talking to the clerk, a woman about 60 years old. She seemed to have a pretty good sense of life so on impulse I asked her if she wanted to go to a movie and have a drink. She asked me what people would say if they saw us. I told her they would start scandalous rumors because they were jealous of her being with a man half her age. She laughed like hell and accepted and the two of us laughed the evening away.

She lived near where I was hanging my hat and told me there was one nasty old guy that had been hitting on her regularly. I told her I could fix that and the Grand Plan came together. A couple of times a week I'd go to her house for dinner as she loved to cook but had nobody to cook for and I would walk home from dinner and leave my truck in her driveway overnight. Word went out she had a boyfriend half her age and the nasty old guy got the word and went away.

Still during that period I basically dated divorced women older than me to keep the 'my biological clock is ticking' crowd away. It worked.

I remember being at a wedding and betting my kid sister drinks that some twenty something airhead would be hitting on me before the night was through. Sure enough, Sis wound up buying the drinks after some airhead wandered up and started yakking away and telling me all about herself and her Xanax use and so on. I think she showed up about five minutes after I laced my bet.

It's rather interesting how many girls over the years were attracted to me and I rebuffed most of them. I avoided girls and was attracted to women.

On retrospect it was a wise move on my part.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment