Friday, December 28, 2018

Every now and then you wonder about someone from your past.


Back in about '79 the waitress in the joint I'd eat lunch at came in looking rough. I found out she was in a very abusive relationship. I offered to help her escape and we went to her place, grabbed some of her stuff and off we went.
We pawned some of it and I parked her with and old girlfriend for a couple of days and then grabbed my partner.
We picked her up and drove her from the Seattle area to Kodiak and got her a job in one of the canneries and got her a room in the cannery bunkhouse.
She thrived.
A while later she met a halfway decent guy, they married and had a couple of kids together and they moved to his old home in one of the native villages where I suppose they are to this day.
She used to call me her knight in shining armor. Shining armor my ass! I was wearing a pair of stinking, ratty Levis, a threadbare khaki shirt and my grubby Navy leather flight jacket.
I have not thought about her in years and I wonder how she made out.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment