Sunday, December 30, 2018

My wife and I have both decided to cut the cable off the TV

and maybe get a slightly faster ISP. we're also dropping the land line which is nothing more than a spam depository.
The last straw was the other night when I went though over 100 channels and the only thing worth watching was a 1958 rerun of Gunsmoke.
I can get a bunch of broadcast channels here for free, Amazon Prime, and Youtube I can get pretty decent entertainment and save well over a grand a year.

I found 16+ free channels in the area I can get with an under $100 antenna in the attic.
Cable is a disgrace. It could be so much but they cheaped out. Even the History channel went down the crapper a while ago.
When I went to Homeless Depot to ask about antennas the guy there told me that for the past 4 months he's sold a LOT of antennas. Apparently I can't wear a mask because I ain't the Lone Ranger.

We just got wind that a rate increase is in the offing and that even makes it worse. I am coughing up pushing  two grand a year for practically nothing but retarded entertainment.

Even the History Channel has gone down the sewer. 

For well over fifty years I have been disgusted with TV anyway. It had so much potential but turned itself into a vast mind numbing wasteland of sitcoms and other stupid bull$hit.

The opportunity to uplift and educate the masses has been ignored and even so-called educational TV has turned into little more than a leftist mouthpiece. Much of what they broadcast has a slant to it no matter what they try and tell you.

For another thing, cable started as an escape from the incessant drivel of constant advertising of products. Much of it was ad free years ago.

It didn't take them long to start plugging for laundry detergent, toys and woman's personal hygiene products. It was a short time before they became as bad as broadcast TV.

Still, the last straw was when I cruised through about 100 channels and had to settle for a lousy Gunsmoke rerun I realized it was time to cut the cable.

Adios!





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment