Monday, December 17, 2018

I just remembered something from my deep dark past.

I have posted before that when I got out of high school I had a summer non girlfriend girlfriend to get my mom off of my ass and stop asking me when I was going to find a nice Catholic girl and give her grandkids.

Roxy became my non girlfriend and she played the role well. She would call when I was at work and mention things like CYO dances and going to mass. My mother loved her.

Of course, she was actually a gay Methodist and we were covering for each other. Gays were treated poorly back then and by having me as her boyfriend her sexuality was stayed secret.

We were 'caught' leaving a lover's lane a couple of times which cemented things even though nothing between us had happened. It served a purpose. Everyone thought she had a boyfriend the next town over.

One day Jimmy Cox came up to me and quietly told me that his squeeze, Judy, had told him that Roxy had told her that her period was late. I about liked to $hit myself and ten minutes later I was on the horn to Roxy. She told me that she had told Judy that just to get tongues wagging.

She sure did that! I got the news inside of a couple of hours from two different sources!

Anyway, I spent the next few days hanging out with her being kind and supportive and sweet to her and holding her to the point where she whispered to me I deserved an Academy Award.

The other young women thought I was so kind and supportive to her in her time of need. I would imagine their boyfriends probably wanted to beat me senseless.

A couple days later she told Judy she was only late and that everything was OK.

When it was over and done with I quietly told Roxy never to do anything like that again unless she ran it by me or at least warned me.

"Why?" she asked, innocently.

"Because I almost joined the French Foreign Legion because of you!" I snapped.











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment