Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Another day another dime.

And spring has sprung but it is a chilly one and I have things to do.

I spent part of yesterday weeding and have more to do. Thistle has seemed it have invaded this year. It reminds me of the year we got invaded by chipmunks and I had to take them out with a pellet gun. 

I sat on the back porch one night and got nearly a dozen of them.

As I sit here there's a doe about 30 feet away munching on leaves and looking at me through the window. The doe is pregnant and will likely give birth in a spot about 40 or 50 feet from my house.

I do believe that if I worked at it I could get that doe to eat out of my hand.

What graceful animals they are to watch.

I was talking with one of the neighborhood kids last night and he was interested in learning celestial navigation so I said I'd teach him because he seems to be ahead in math.

He's also pretty solid in science so he'll have no problem with the mechanics of it.

Celestial is nothing more than spherical triangulation and it'll be a little advanced placement for a 5th grader but with some work I can teach him to at least use an idiot sheet.

Over the next couple of years I'll teach him to do it from scratch.

I think we'll use the air tables and kill 2 stones with the same bird. If he learns it with the air tables he can use it for a pilot's license and shoot for a navigator rating.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment