Thursday, May 22, 2014

Another overcast day and I wonder what the summer is going to be like.


We have just weathered a nasty, cold winter and this spring is just plain weird. It's been overcast the past few days. My flower beds were chock-a-block  crammed with thistle which is unheard of. It took a whole day to weed and clean them out.

I can't seem to figure it out.

In other news I replaced the toilet on the main floor. The old one worked great but it has a pressure tank in it and seeing how it is getting old there are a lot of recalls and warnings about it because the plastic tank gets brittle and can burst. I liked the toilet but I can't risk having a water damage situation on my hands.

The new one seems OK. Last night I ate an entire galley sink pizza and a couple of beers and this morning the new toilet passed the pizza and beer test with flying colors.

I'm not getting rid of the plunger, though.

A friend of mine is headed to Europe and asked me to make a metal pouch for his passport which I did. I used a piece of aluminum flashing. Apparently there are rumors floating around about some technology that can steal credit card and passport data. 

I can see going to Europe but I can not see landing in France for a 4 hour layover. It makes no sense to me at all. I really do not care for the French a whole lot.

My favorite French story is the one where French customs were rude to a WW2 paratrooper because he didn't have his passport out fast enough. The old coot pointed out that the last time he entered France that his passport was an M-1 rifle and there wasn't a single Frenchman willing to examine it.

There's really not much French customs could do but stand there looking stupid.

Somewhere along the line I read where the NAACP raised hell with the Disney people when they were going to re-release 'Song of the South' a while ago. I wondered about that. It made little sense to me because the Disney people certainly work hard at making wholesome entertainment. 

I saw the movie as a small child but that muse have been well over 50 years ago and I do not remember a whole lot of the details.

My guess is that the NAACP is either simply looking for something to whine about or rewrite history.

Anyway, I found a copy on CD from a semi-underground source an I'm going to watch it and see for myself. 

I'll make up my own mind.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment