Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Anyone care for a nice, refreshing glass of meatballs?

One day at work my shipmate cooked up a HUGE pot of meatballs. He did this planning ahead. We had a busy period coming up and this meant a few quick meals. We could do spaghetti and make sandwiches on the run. All in all, it was really a pretty good idea.

Of course, after the meal it was my job to clean up and I quickly discovered we didn't have a container big enough to hold the almost entire pot of leftover meatballs.

At sea we improvise. We do what we have to do. I promptly dumped the entire pot into a plastic pitcher that sealed up and put it in the refrigerator.

Needless to say I'm getting a pretty good natured drubbing over the entire thing. My shipmates are teasing me over it, offering me a nice refreshing glass of meatballs and suggesting that I wash down breakfast with them.

"How about a couple of over easy eggs, some ham and spuds and the wash it down with a glass of meatballs?" I was asked this morning.

Now nobody holds this against me because they do admit I had no real choice save to fill several Tupperware containers.

Still, it is something out here to have some fun with.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment