Friday, November 8, 2019

I have been very busy lately and it looks like posts for the next three weeks will be sporadic.

Sorry about that but things are busy. I have an inordinate amount of things to do.

Someone asked me what I was going to do when I retire and it's a decent question to ask.

Probably get a few hours part time somewhere to stay busy. The other thing I am going to do is to see if I can spend some time with GIs that have are amputees. For some reason I seem to get along with a lot of them simply because I don't dodder all over them.

Most people are uncomfortable around them. Look at how people in an elevator clam up when a wheelchair bound person rolls in. They don't know what to say.

I just treat him or her with a good word, the same way I do everyone else and am generally treated to an appreciative smile.

An amputee is just like everyone else. Most of them just want to remain useful.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment