Thursday, November 28, 2019

It's Turkey Day and I am in a fleabag somewhere

waiting to go to the airport.

I could have flown out yesterday but the day before Thanksgiving is the always a total zoo. I hate traveling then and it is a lot wiser to simply put the travel off for a day and miss the holiday. 

Sometimes it is so slow you can play cribbage with a bored attendant. 

I admit that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday but I have to have in on my terms. I don't want to come rolling in three minutes before dinner, eat and leave. 

I like at least getting there the day before and waking up to a cup of coffee with a splash of cognac in in and helping out with the dinner all the while clad in a Thanksgiving outfit consisting of sweats and a T-shirt. There's more to it than a turkey dinner. 

It's a time of home, hearth and family and all that good stuff.

Yet this morning I am in a fleabag somewhere using that dopey little coffee maker to make a cup of Joe at 0300 because I can't sleep.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment