Friday, January 3, 2014

I almost forgot to post today

because I had to adjust the new garage door opener and woke up early.

I was having problems which I traced not to the opener but to the track hardware. One of the old wheels that runs in the track had frozen up so I had to tear it apart and free up the wheel.

Works OK now.

When you figure that the unit was installed before I was born it's simply amazing that I have not had headaches earlier.

I had to cut 4 out of 5 of the old nuts off with a Dremel tool and replace all 5 bolts but now it works like a charm.

In other news I started to dabble with the digital ham modes and managed to make a scratch contact in HI using a digital mode called Olivia 16/500. It's slow and the contact was pretty much a scratch with about a 2x2 but that makes it 'legal' to count in my log as a contact.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Give JT65 a try. DXCC with 5 watts is very doable. Because the turn-around time is 2 minutes you can get a lot of things done around the house while still having a qso. Most of the ops using digital modes use LOTW or eQSL so saves on postage too.

    ReplyDelete