Sunday, January 5, 2014

It is Sunday morning and I am trying to get a rare contact today


It is the Sovereign Military Order of Malta which is actually in Italy and considered a Sovereign state of sorts and as such is a bona fide DX contact and a rare one as they are not on the air too often.

I understand it is also known as the Soviet Military Order of Malta and has no connection to the old Soviet Union. I won't get into the details but it is connected to the Catholic Church.

Recently I snagged a pair of David Clark headphones and I'm glad I did as they do a wonderful job of picking up things coupled with the fact that they block out a of of extraneous noise. I can get lost in them and not have anything in the background distract me.

As I type now, about 20 seconds ago I just bagged them and have it logged. A QSL request will be in tomorrow's mail.

It's a Sunday morning and the cat is being a pest as usual because he wants a few pets. Cats don't ask for much, really.

There's chicken in the refrigerator and I think I'll have it for a late lunch and most likely when I sit down to eat the cat will sit next to me on the couch. As soon as I am done he'll jump onto my lap and get his 10% by licking my beard. No problem as I don't worry about kitty germs too much.

I guess today's post isn't very much but I have a lot to do today.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment