Friday, January 10, 2014

Right now I'm more than a little miffed

 at our wonderful government looking out for us.

I've already explained how they took a simple gas can and turned it into a nightmare.

A few years back they mandated the gallon-per-flush toilet which for some may be a pretty good deal. For others it's not too good of a deal.

A lot of older houses were built with less slope in their sewage outfalls that they use today and they need more volume of water to move the sewage out of their homes. A gallon per flush doesn't do it. It means that the outfall lines will block up.

This means plumber bills to have the blockage cleared. 

It also means that some people are resorting to multiple flushes to keep their lines clear.

Of course, the government's answer is that people ought to repair their sewage lines. I suppose it is easy for the government to say this because they are not the people that have to cough up thousands to have this done. People are not going to do this either when they can simply flush a couple times to keep the lines clear.

It brings the government back to square one again because a lot of people wind up using more water than if they had just let the homeowner decide.

The other thing that we can not get any more is 100 watt incadescent light bulbs and the rest of the incadescents are on the way out over the next couple of years.

There are a lot of people out there that use 100 watt bulbs not for the light, but for the heat they provide as a result of creating light. In addition to providing 100 watts worth of light, the byproduct of them is they provide about 100 watts worth of heat.

The new energy saving bulbs do not heat up.

Farmers and others have used light bulbs to provide heat for years. I use one in my garage where the domestic water enters to keep the meter from freezing up in the winter. On cold nights I simply turn on the light inside an insulated box and the bulb provides enough heat to keep things above freezing.

It's primitive, simple and it works.

I stocked up on 100 watt bulbs a while ago and likely have a couple years worth of them but wonder what I am going to do when I eventually run out of them. As it stands now it looks like I am going to have to replace my little 100 watt makeshift heater with a 1300 watt electric heater.

Some energy savings.

Either that of I could run a heating duct into the garage and run myalready high heating bill up a few more bucks.

Of course, the government is always trying to help out the poor. I don't see how they are helping out the poor by mandating that they now have to cough up 7 or 8 bucks for a light bulb that they used to be able to buy for 79 cents.

I wish the damned government would stop trying to help me so much. The truth of the matter is they don't solve very many of my probems. The honest truth is that they create a lot more my problems then they solve.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment