Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's New Year's Day.

and I rang in the new year with a fart and a snore. I slept.

I had a venison dinner, a couple drinks of very smoky Scotch whisky, played with the cat and turned in.

I do not go out on New Year's Eve because it is amateur night. There are too many idiots out there that make the evening into a zoo.

Take Joe Party Animal. He's the guy that drank 2 beers on the Fourth of July, and had a glass of wine with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. He also had a cocktail at the office seminar.

So come New Year's Eve he goes out and tangles with a bottle of bourbon and this morning he wakes up in the hospital handcuffed to the bed wondering what the hell happened.

Of course the police are out in droves looking to nail people that have been drinking, either to make the streets safe or to generate revenue, depending on their department.

Personally I would rather take a chance with a cop trying to keep the streets safe than one that has been sent out to collect scalps but that's a different issue.

While I don't drink and drive there's another thing to be taken into consideration regarding partying. If there isn't a motel in stumbling distance, a designated driver or a couch to sack out on, I don't drink. 

Anyway, I'm supposed to get all teary-eyed and blather on about how this wonderful new year is so special but to me it really isn't.

All it means to me is that I'm going to have to correct paperwork when I screw up and mark it 2013.

Happy 2014!





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment