Thursday, January 23, 2014

My confirmation number went up by 5 while I was at work

I came home last night to see that I had a stack of mail waiting for me. It was mostly QSL cards.

I now have 5 more DX confirmations. Azores, Asiatic Russia, Sultanate of Oman, Sovereign Military Order of Malta, and Tajikistan.

The Tajikistan QSL was a little odd because it contained 2 QSL cards and an SAE to someone else in the States. I guess he figured I'd drop it in the mail for him over here which I will. It's in the outgoing mailbox right now.

There were also a couple of other QSL cards from guys on an internet board I visit frequently including a beautiful one made of Hawaiian Koa wood sliced thin. I worked hard for that one and the guy that sent it worked hard at it, too. 

There was also a 20 MOA scope base for my long range rifle. My scope doesn't have enough clicks to reach out to 1000 yards so I'll install the base and re adjust the present scope and I ought to be good to go. There's a 1000 yard match come spring and I want in on that again.

It's too cold to do any shooting so I guess I'll just do prep work today and see what happens over the next couple of days.

Lord, it's cold out! I do not do cold well anymore. I hate it. It's now 9 degrees out and that is cold.

Today when I make my rounds some youngster is going to tell me it's cold out and I will have to refer to page 14, article 2, amendment 7,  subsection C of section 2D of the Old Fart's Manual.

It says specifically that when a youngster complains about the cold you are to supposed to tell him that back when you were his age it got so cold you had to put hot water bottles next to the fire to keep the flames from freezing and tell him that back then this would have been T-shirt weather.

I do not know why that is in the manual because it is complete BS but it's there and as an old man I follow it because it is expected of me. Truth is it's just plain cold out.

Of course, parts of the manual are pretty good. My favorite is having to walk to school uphill both ways. That's a pretty good one.

This is the first time in many, many years that I have worn my insulated work boots home but I did yesterday. 

Anyway, I am home and the cat was glad to see me.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment