Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another day another post.

I have the Southern Cross net going in the background but have not checked in as the bands are not favorable for me and I don't want to be a pain in the ass. All I can do is get in the way of others as the Gods of Propagation are not nodding my way.

The deer have passed by and the buck in velvet is starting to shed his velvet. 

I have a pair of lawns to mow today and will get on it shortly. Mine and a neighbors that is out of town. He's good to me. I owe him.

His son watches the cat when Mrs Pic and I leave which is interesting because I was just thinking that four of my neighbors have keys to my house. I wonder how many other people have good neighbors they can trust like that. Good neighbors are a precious commodity.

Yesterday I went shopping and decided to have lunch at the supermarket cafe. The supervisor from corporate was there, saw me and avoided me. Some time ago I arranged that. It was easy.

She asked me what they could do to improve the place and eagerly and innocently I suggested she get a couple of strippers to come in during lunch. "You'd get every building tradesman for miles around!" The look on her face was precious.

Yesterday was a day of monitoring the radio as I had joined an impromptu net. We were watching the storms in Hawaii.

I had the rig set on digital, monitoring both Olivia 16/500 and JT-65 which we agreed on as the protocol. There's a ham on a forum that is in Hawaii and we were keeping an eye on him.

The net was spread out all over the States and the guys did what I did. We left our rigs on and from time to time we'd check our laptop screens. Digital communications are computer to computer via the airwaves. Had he sent a message out we would have seen it on our screens.  It's a lot easier than having to sit around listening all day.

We got word he didn't get beaten up too bad so we decided to stand down. He reported that the infastructure based 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment