Sunday, August 31, 2014

I never did enjoy bar room braggarts.



I remember one time I was having a drink at the Beachcombers in Kodiak before the band started and some drunken braggart started bragging about his sexual conquests.

I picked up a newspaper to act like I was reading so as not to get dragged into his crap. People were mildly aggravated and a few were looking at me wondering when I was going to say or do something. I had a  reputation of not suffering fools for long.

Truth is, I was waiting for an easy knockout shot. I was being patient. I knew if I waited he'd set me up for one.

Two shots of schnapps later he claimed that he had slept with just about every woman on the island but his mom and sisters.

From behind the paper, without looking up, I dryly commented cheerfully and loudly that between the pair of us we had gotten them all.

The whole place busted up laughing and after a while it sunk in and then swung a hard backhand at me that I ducked because I expected it and had watched for it. I pushed his arm and let the momentum of the blow get him off balance and he fell off of his stool.

The bouncer simply stepped in, grabbed his feet and dragged him outside to the amusement of everyone.

Now there was an empty stool next to me. I hooked my thumb and pointed at the empty stool. "Next!" I shouted and the stool was soon occupied by a fairly attractive woman in her late thirties that proved to have a delightfully sarcastic sense of humor. She proved to be a delightful change from some jerk with a loud mouth.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment