Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Overcast and rainy today.

The deer were up as usual this morning and the buck is still losing velvet.

It's kind of nice being able to he lazy and loll around the plantation but that gets old after a while and I have to get a few things done.

It's about 66 degrees out which is cold for August. 

Yesterday I dug a bee stinger out of my hand. A few days ago I got walloped by a wasp and it was itchy so I figured there was still a stinger in me. I glanced around and noticed the family K-Bar had a pretty sharp tip so I used that to dig the stinger out. It must have looked funny to see a guy digging at his own hand with a knife about a foot long. 

Tomorrow is going to be a long day because I have things to do that will keep me busy from sunrise to sunset. 

Life is going by very fast and summer is almost over and then winter and maybe I can see another generation of deer being born come next spring. I feel fortunate to have known at a very early age how short life is and to have started scratching things off of the bucket list when I was young and strong.

Mrs Pic just scratched another one off of her bucket list and I am glad for her. It feels good to see that happen.

Still, time passes too quickly and I realize that we're likely going to miss part of the summer's plans. I wanted to sail a small sailboat on Lake Arthur and it looks like I won't be able to because we're just plain running out of time.

Part of my oceangoing roots are sailboats. I had a dream of cruising in a small sailboat and saved up, bought one and did it. I'd like to take a small sailboat out in a lake for an afternoon to get pushed around by the wind to remind me of my roots.

Soon it will be over and a young generation of Navy sailors will lay me to rest in the deep which is where I eventually belong.

We came from the seas and the water and I think it is fitting that I return to the waters and make my life come full circle.

We took down a maple tree last year and lo and behold one has popped up in the garden. I plan on transplanting it on the side of the house where the big maple was and seeing something that went around go around. A new tree! 

There is also a baby for me to visit. My nephew became a father and he's the kind of guy that's going to do his best to raise the kid well. He'll be a good dad.

I still have a lot to do, though and I hope I can get things done.

One thing I'm glad of is that I got most of my bucket list out of the way before I grew old.

If anyone reads this, my advice is to follow your dreams, especially your childhood dreams.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment