Sunday, August 10, 2014

I'm up and trying to remember what I was going to post today.

This happens all the time. I get a good idea for a post and don't write it down somewhere and forget it when I get to the keyboard.

For the life of me I do not know why every so often a kid asks me to tell them how rough I had it growing up. Then again maybe one of the kids got a kick out of the time I told him that my daddy worked in a forge making engine blocks and every so often he'd get a broken one to take home for us to eat.

It wasn't too bad, though. Momma would soak it in acid overnight and cook it up so tender it would melt in your mouth.

One time I had a kid ask me why I would tell him about having to walk for 5 miles through 4 feet of snow uphill both ways to get to school.

I told him it was my job, just as it was his job to listen respectfully and call bull$hit when I was out of earshot. I explained that this is part of the life cycle and one day it would be his turn.

Life is like that.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment