Monday, August 4, 2014

I had a great great something or another down the line

 that was a member of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union.

Back in the day they raise hell and eventually managed to get prohibition passed and turned the nation dry for a while.

When you look at it, my guess is the old bags would gripe about menfolk hanging out in saloons when they got off work and having a few.

The likely reason is that a lot of the womanfolk probably didn't give the guys much to come home to. This is a situation that persists a lot to this day. 

Still, I would not be surprised if the old bags who were griping about the menfolk tipping a few were  knocking back a half- bottle of Lydia Pinkham's Tonic or some other patent medicine and heading down to the WCTU meeting coked up and stoned  out of their minds.

I saw an old tintype of the great great whatever she was and as far as I can tell by looking at her I'd head to the saloon after work if I was married to her, too.

Actually in the picure it looked like she'd been into the patent medicine bottle a little hard.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment