Thursday, August 23, 2018

One of the tricks to getting things done is to

do business face to face with one person.

At the bank I have only one person I deal with. She is my individual caseworker and if she is at lunch, I wait. If she has the day off and I am not in an emergency situation I come back the following day.

Why? Because when I do business I want to have someone I am familiar with. More than that it is someone I stop being a mystery voice over the phone and a real flesh and blood person, someone
they actually feel somewhat accountable to. 

They are far less likely to brush you off with some mealy mouthed excuse and make an honest effort to be helpful. Of course they are not going to give thee store away because you showed up but it does mean you are far more likely to get everything you are supposed to.

The next best thing as far as doing business over the phone goes is to select ONE person and deal with them. This works even on huge levels of business like Amazon or your phone company to some degree. 

The operator answers and you (for example) ask for "Alice in the shipping department. I can wait." 

After you build up somewhat of a relationship with Alice' she remembers you and is far more likely to be a lot more helpful. 'Alice' is also going to be grateful because bosses take note of employees being specifically requested and realize that she is probably good with the customers. Employees that make customers happy are valuable. It's a win/win situation.

It's also pretty much a given that you have to work at having a good relationship with 'Alice'. You don't get short with her. You try and make dealing with you a refreshing part of their day. Butter her up if yyou can.

Face to face works wonders but taking care of one person over the phone is the way to go if you can't do face to face. 
  



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment