Tuesday, September 3, 2019

I just shot down a Facebook character that though she was special

because she was some kind of small time elected official.

Apparently she was a Seven Sisters woman's college grad of some sort and acted like a twenty-two year old brand new second grade school teacher. 

She actually thought she was some kind of big shot boss and I wound up telling her differently. She had all of the braided armpit uppity feministic crap in her head and thought she was special.

I think that the thing that really tore her up is that I told her she doesn't have my respect, my loyalty or my obedience. I also made it very clear she was not my boss or my leader, she was just a measly representative...and at that, one that seems to be doing a piss-poor job.

It was really like taking candy from a baby as she took every single piece of bait I dangled in front of her and I didn't let up on her for an instant until a friend of mine IM'd me and asked me to back off because she was related to him. He said he was tired of picking up the pieces so I obliged him.

Where these people think they can interfere with my life come from I do not know. This one bragged about having a degree from a so-called prestigious Seven Sister college.

The Seven Sister colleges were formed right after the Civil War in the northeast. The civil war had produced brutal casualties and there were few eligible men left to marry. They gave woman an education of sorts enabling them to move west and become schoolmarms so they didn't fall into the trap of prostitution. 

These days they are pretty much considered liberal arts schools that probably produce social workers, teachers and other semi-useless types. A degree from one of them really isn't a whole lot to brag about. They would have been better off getting a STEM degree from a decent state run college.

Still, the fact remains that she thinks her position actually means something.

I know Sarah Palin isn't really favored these days but a lot of elected officials ought to take a long, hard look at her.

Most elected officials are isolated and/or insulated from their constituency. Sarah was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska and as a direct result was not insulated from her constituency even a little bit.

If Sarah wanted to eat she had to go to the grocery store just like everyone else. Every time she left the house she faced her constituency, both admirers and detractors. She had to deal with it up front and in her face.

I'm reasonably sure Alaskans have not changed much since my day. They were than and are probably now a pretty hard group to govern. Sarah did it easily. I recommended to this little snowflake she read the Wikipedia entry on Sarah's early political career and learn something.

Please note that Sarah treated her constituency, their money and their rights with respect. As mayor she cut her paycheck by 10%.

Like her or not, she was pretty damned successful as both the Mayor or Wasilla and as the Governor of Alaska.

That woman was/is a leader unlike the little entry level snowflake I was dealing with. Sarah won my respect, loyalty and (most of) my obedience because of the way she governed.










To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment