Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Life has been hectic to say the least

and for the next week to ten days posts will be spotty.

Right now I have a few minutes and just read a little internet thread of a woman living in a ghost town that packs a pistol which I suppose makes sense when you think about it. There's no law enforcement in a ghost town and you're pretty much on your own there.

One can say what they will about it but plugging in my criminal brain module I think that it would be a lot easier to rob someone living out in the sticks than it would be robbing a convenience store in the Big City. It would probably be a lot easier to not get caught, too.

I also read where Beto O'Rourke gave a speech at Kent State telling the students there that only the government should have guns. I do have to laugh bitterly about that one. The Kent State shootings were a classic example of a government shooting up their own populace. It should serve as an excellent example of government gone bad.

Admittedly I see both sides of the shooting and sympathize with the poorly trained National Guardsmen but it is still a case where the government has gotten out of hand.

As a former GI I do remember taking a little riot duty training which was actually unnecessary as Posse Comitatus prohibited us from being used for riot control unless specifically ordered to by the president. The training was actually worthless. Truth is I likely would not have fired on my fellow citizens unless it was a clear cut case of self-defense. 

Still, hearing O'Rourke giving that speech at Kent State is like someone giving a speech on chastity at the Mustang Ranch.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment