Wednesday, March 6, 2024

After all these years I decided to look up my contessa.

Back in September, 2012 I made contact with a woman ham on 20 meters. The signal was 5x9++ and we started chatting.

We had a long conversation and she had a beautiful voice and I pictured Sophia Loren in her prime as we spoke.

Her picture was not on her QRZ page and I wondered what she looked like at first. Then I thought about it again and decided to leave the Sophia Loren image in my mind. I figured that if I I dug I'd probably be disappointed to find a 400 pound woman in a muumuu.

I sent her a QSL card and she sent me back one of heres along with a letter and a couple of pictures of the area she lived in. I stapled the whole thing together and put it in my DX QSL card file box.

I was checking records a few days ago and ran into the card which I remembered warmly.

After all these years curiosity finally overwhelmed me and I decided to try and see if she really was a Sophia look-alike or not.

I clicked on her QRZ page and was sad to find out she's a Silent Key. 

That is enough to tell me she was a Sophia look-alike. If in reality she wasn't I'll still remember as a Sophia look-alike.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment