Wednesday, March 20, 2024

I had the PRC 320 in a local park earlier today.

and was trying to check in on the YL net.

Someone casually asked me what I was doing and I cheerfully explained that I was a ham radio operator trying to check in on a net and told them they could listen in if  they wanted to.

It took a couple of tries but I got my call on their log via an assistant net control out of Broken Arrow, OK with a 5x5 signal report. 

Then it was off to try my luck elsewhere.

Along came someone else that demanded to know what I was doing. I told him I was reporting in to the Moose and Squirrel net reporting that Boris Badenov and/or Natasha Fetale or Fearless Leader had not been seen in the area.

He gave me a really angry and dirty look.

"Take out your phone," I said. "Say 'OK Google, take me to Moose and Squirrel net' and open the link.

He did and went through it and got even more annoyed.

I turned to him and said, "I hope your grateful toward all of the other members of the net that work hard to protect Rocky and Bullwinkle so they can protect us from world communism."

He gave me a pissed off look and walked away. Hopefully he was feeling pretty stupid.

Here's a pretty good picture of one identical to mine.



 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment