Wednesday, March 20, 2024

One of the things I know that probably would have made me a good father

is that I remember how it was for me back in the day. If you can think back fairly clearly and look at the  problems your parents had with you it becomes easier to raise a kid.

The other thing I know is that we're all different. I hear parents of three kids surprised that all three of their kids are entirely different. I don't think that's surprising at all.

The other thing you should get used to is that maybe one or more kids don't share your interests. Don't think that automatically your son is going to be your hunting/fishing buddy. He very well may but then again me very well may not. Don't pressure him either way, offer to take him and leave it at that.

If you are having kids to take over the family business, don't bother.  

Offer the same thing to your daughter and she may very well surprise you...or she may not. It's all somewhat of a crap shoot. A daughter might just be a girly-girl or a real tomboy. There's no telling.

What does matter is the end result and that you raise them to be decent, well adjusted people. 

In my case I am a product of both a parent that had a path they expected of me and another that was wise enough to let nature run its course.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment