Friday, March 1, 2024

Would I buy beer for a teenager? Someone asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I replied. "If he's just a dopey kid going through a rite of passage, why not"

"But...but..why?" he asked.

"Because they're just a dopey kid looking to check it out," I answered. 

He looked stunned.

"However it's just some kind of 'git high' punk, than absolutely not.

"I don't see your reasoning,'' he said.

"Beer is run through government processes to insure it is safe for human consumption. It's safe," I answered.

"Yeah?"

"If the 'git high' can't get any beer he'll resort to street drugs which have no government inspection and are dangerous. With any luck the 'git high' will get a hot shot of some sort and that will be the end of him. Win/win. We're rid of someone that will spend the rest of his miserable life causing us all trouble." 

I guess he didn't like my reasoning.

Actually the last underage person I bought beer for was a few years back. He was a Marine corporal that was a few months shy of being 21.

A corporal is a noncommissioned officer and I have alway figured that being old enough to put on a uniform was old enough to buy a beer it holds doubly true that an NCO should be able to so I snagged him a six-pack after I chatted with him a bit.

Besides my gut told me he wouldn't do anything stupid and even if he did get caught he'd just describe me and a nondescript old guy and it wouldn't go any further.










To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment