Thursday, March 28, 2024

It's the Netherlands now, you know.


said someone to me when I called the place 'Holland' which is what I called it for about the first 50 years of my life. The name's changed but the people are the same. It's one of the fairly few places in Europe where they like Americans. They tend American war graves to this day.

In my mind the place is 'Holland' and the people there are 'Dutch' and they grow beautiful tulips and when you hear a clop clop clop you know it's a Dutch jogger because they wear wooden shoes as they jog past windmills. When they get home they have a bottle of excellent beer. All in all it sounds pretty good to me.

Now get off my case. I like those people.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment