Sunday, March 24, 2024

Everything these days is SO important

that we have to endanger the rest of the world by answering texts while we drive in heavy traffic at 60 mph.

It's IMPORTANT that we find out who is wearing what to the big party. It's IMPORTANT we find out instantly what time the game is going to start two weeks from now. It's IMPORTANT we find out who is buried in Grant's tomb right NOW! It can't wait! Gotta happen NOW!

Years ago when cell phones took hold and I finally got one I got called to the home office which was a little over 2 hours away.

I fired up my pickup and started in that direction and instantly after I got on the Interstate my phone rang. A glance told me it was the office. We had a 'no phone use while driving' rule in place so I pulled into the breakdown lane and answered it to be greeted with a breathless ''Where are you now?"

To which I replied, "I am sitting in the breakdown lane on the Interstate."

"OMG! What happened? Did you break down or get into an accident?" 

"No. We have a no drive and talk on phone policy so I pulled over to answer you," I said.

"Well, get going! We need you now!" he shouted.

That entire conversation repeated itself five more times during my drive and when I arrived the big boss asked me if I had been caught in traffic.

I said I had not but I had to pull over to answer the phone six times because someone kept calling me to see how far along I was.

THAT raised his eyebrows and I knew my caller was in for an ass chewing and a math lesson.

As for why I had been called? There was a question regarding a delivery I had been in charge of and the customer had a couple of questions that could have easily been answered over the phone but his boss had told him to talk to me face to face.

Needless to say this was IMPORTANT.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment