Thursday, March 7, 2024

I ran into a woman at Target that saw me in action several months ago dealing with a telemarketer.

and she smiled at me and sheepishly explained that she told her husband about the incident and told me that sharing it was a bad idea because now he's doing it.

Some time ago my phone went off while I was at Target and I saw it was likely some sort of spam call so I answered it.

It was a telemarketer and as usual I girded my loins for battle and answered it. He was selling whatever and as usual I hassled him. Then I went in for the kill and asked him how old he was. He was 20 something. I also saw someone within earshot but figured what the hell. Go for it.

"Young man, that's because you don't get enough pu$$y. Now I am 72 years old and still get more ass than a toilet seat in the broad's can next to the beer stand at Yankee Stadium during the World series and you still use your fist! Don't you? What is to become of you?"

Needless to say, he hung up.

The woman that heard it turned beet red and I turned to her and simply said, "Now THAT'S how you handle a telemarketer.  You make THEM hang up on YOU."

It was obvious that she was entertained but was afraid to really show it but still red admitted "It really was funny. I guess when you get past a certain age the filters come off." 

Anyway, when she told me her husband was doing pretty much the same thing to telemarketers I felt pretty good about myself and then realized that the incident had taken part about a year earlier and that lately I have not been getting many telemarketer calls.

I'd like to think I'm part of the reason that the telemarketer bull$hit has slowed down.

OTOH, maybe they just stopped calling ME.











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment