Sunday, March 17, 2024

I remember the time some karen threatened some working stiff minimum wage

college student type with getting her husband to settle it with him. 'He's a big guy!"

I stayed out of that one for a change. I wondered what she was thinking.

What I wanted to do was say, "Hey, lady! I'll take the job for only 1/3 of the insurance money. You get him to pick a fight with me, I'll ice him and get off by reason of self-defense and when you collect his life insurance I'll only take a third."

It would have been priceless, she'd have wet her pants but I decided to let that one go. Maybe I just chalked it up to 'You can't fix stupid', maybe I figured water would seek its own level. Whatever. She was her husband's problem. I shined that one on.

Actually I wondered why because I have always gone to bat for the little guy trying to get by or the old woman ringing a register. I must have been tired or hung over that day. Whatever.

What was she thinking? If any woman I had ever been involved with had even thought of dragging me into a fight with a total stranger for stupid stuff she'd have been kicked to the curb.

This isn't to be mistaken for a random attack of some sort on a loved one. If that happened to my wife or family member I'd fight to the death. That's a different story.

What was she thinking? Did she think the two of them would go to the schoolyard and have a nice boxing match following the rules of boxing decreed by the Marquis of Queensbury? Did she think that afterwards when he came home with a black eye she'd comfort him in bed and be proud that he stood up for her 'honor'? That the two combatants would shake hands after it was over?

I wonder what she would say when her husband was found face down in an alley choking in his own blood or with a nice sucking chest wound or even stone dead.

She wants her husband to pick a fight with a total stranger?

Let's look around a bit. In my county alone there are over 150 thousand people licensed to carry concealed firearms. Then you look at the people that are carrying unlicensed. The latter are the people you have to watch out for. Not the licensed people because they took the time and effort to get licensed. It's the people that didn't you have to keep an eye on.

Now lets look at how many killers are out walking the streets.

See that nice guy in his 30s? He killed four people during the fighting in Fallujah, one of them with his bare hands. The old man on the walker killed about 450 people in a single afternoon when he flew lead bombardier back in 1944. The guy over there in his 70s killed four North Vietnamese back in the late 60s. The guy that paid for his education through ROTC was a forward observer for an artillery unit and he sure rang up the numbers. That teenaged gang banger over there has two under his belt over a drug deal gone back. He's probably one to keep an eye on.

I could picture the scene of her threatening the gang banger with sending her husband after her. Actually that would probably be the best thing that could happen to her because the gang banger would probably set her straight fast.

We're surrounded by killers if you stop and think about it a minute. Most of these people have certainly not forgotten how although the overwhelming majority would back down. Still, it only takes one to make things interesting. 

People don't realize that the only reason they are alive is because someone doesn't think it's worth the trouble, time and effort to kill them.
===================================

"No more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in Los Angeles are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition.

Jeff Cooper.
  








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment